The Medical Transcription Editing Course is designed to guide you in the techniques of editing and proofreading in both supervisory and practical capacities. This course should be taken either after you have completed the medical transcription basic course and/or if you are looking to advance your career into more of a supervisory position. You will be provided with training that compliments use of electronic medical records, focusing on quality control and common errors with voice recognition software.
Our custom-designed Medical Transcription Editing Course includes actual dictation and real editing issues, designed to have a practical approach to daily dictation issues. We have designed this to prepare you for the medical technology and speech recognition, as well as improve your employment skills with practical training.
Here are some key elements to our editing course:
- Experience with medical editing, both for common errors of transcriptionists, as well as voice recognition errors.
- Medical terminology, pharmaceuticals, abbreviations,
- Rules for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and various formatting styles
- Tips for using electronic health/medical records software
- How to use your research, internet, and computer skills
- The importance of focused attention to details, accuracy, and communication
- HIPAA compliance